Welcome to Semillitas Early Learning Center
It is my joy and privilege to welcome you to the Semillitas family!
The vision of Semillitas Early Learning Center was planted in 2012 by a group of experienced early childhood educators. Their vision was to provide a high quality, nurturing, and engaging Spanish Immersion Infant and Toddler program that embodied the values of cooperation and partnership between administration, teachers, and parents.
Today we are reaping the harvest of that vision; with a thriving program that is committed to providing quality and affordable childcare to our diverse DC community.
It is our mission to create a stimulating and nurturing, values-rich environment for children of varied backgrounds to learn, grow, and thrive, while celebrating Spanish language and Latin American culture. We offer an engaging, play-based program that involves the whole child, encouraging social, and intellectual growth, while empowering each child to explore their natural curiosities and develop at his/her own rate.
As a participant in the DC quality childcare program, we are dedicated to maintaining a safe and caring environment. We provide responsive and individualized care and implement intentional learning routines and experiences.
Our robust, play-based curriculum and professional teaching staff exceed district and regional standards. Our program is aimed at providing children with the knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary for school and life success.
Thank you for entrusting Semillitas with the care of your child.
PARENTS CHOOSE US
It is our mission to create a stimulating and nurturing, values-rich environment for children of varied backgrounds to learn, grow, and thrive, while celebrating Spanish language and Latin American culture.
As a Spanish immersion program inspired by the blend of Montessori and Reggio Emilia pedagogy, we offer children a nurturing environment that balances freedom to work and learn independently, or to work in small groups and learn from collaborating and negotiating with other children.
Semillitas Early Learning Center was founded on the belief that all children are unique individuals who are naturally curious and eager to grow and learn.
Children need to be provided with an organized, child-directed learning environment that emphasizes mutual respect, fun, discovery, literacy and addresses sensory needs. We are a community where children can express their ideas and choose freely what and how they want to learn each day.
Our aim is to develop and implement a program that:
- fosters safe, healthy, and happy children
- forges strong family care partnerships
- fosters independence and ownership of their education
- facilitates holistic child development
- equips children with the skills, knowledge, and social competencies for social success.
- provides a foundation for Spanish language fluency
- fosters love for life-long learning
- Provide a safe, loving, and caring environment that integrates Montessori materials and small group projects and provocations daily.
- Establish meaningful relationships with families through effective communication and competence.
- Provide active and responsive care through consistent routines and intentional experiences.
- Provide age appropriate teacher, and child led experiences and small group activities that encourage:
- Gross and fine motor development
- Curiosity and exploration of the natural world
- Mathematical thinking & reasoning
- Language and literacy skill
- Social and emotional awareness and development
- Foster self-esteem while celebrating children’s successes
- Provide continuous professional development and coaching support for our teacher caregivers.
ENROLL YOUR CHILD FOR 2020-2021
Fill out an application and we will let you know when there is an opening for your child.